Who prefers an outdoor escape like a classic alpine hut-to-hike or a demanding tour in the highlands and hills is optimally equipped with the Ranger II GTX. A wrap-around rubber rand protects the leather from damage.
- Gore-Tex Lining: Guaranteed weather protection, even in pouring rain and heavy snow: The innovative Gore-Tex technology delivers optimal waterproof protection and breathability.
- Vibram®: For many years now, Vibram® has been the market leader for anti-slip and durable shoe soles. The hallmark qualities of Vibram® soles include the exceptional support they provide on the widest types of terrain and the optimal abrasion resistance created by the rubber mixture.
- Resoleable: This shoe model can also be resoled. You will receive more information from customer service or at www.lowa.com.
- Hard Shank: This specially reinforced insole provides optimal stability and support for tours with heavy backpacks and in Alpine areas.
- C4-Tongue: The specially designed boot tongue substantially enhances the comfort of the footwear. The tongue includes extra padding for the outer portion of the foot, and the upper end of it is especially soft. This asymmetrical padding provides optimal support to many areas of the foot. In response to the foot’s natural anatomy, the notches for the ankle area have been placed higher on the inside than on the outside. A flexible bending application has also been integrated into the inner part.
- Minimal Seams: The use of a single-section fabric upper eliminates stitching and, thus, friction and irritation. The result? Increased comfort.
- X-Lacing®: Optimal positioning of the tongue, without any slippage or pressure points: This is what X-LACING® technology is all about. This special lacing system fixes the tongue both vertically and horizontally. The lacing system gains independence from the height of the instep as a result, making it perfect for any type of foot. In this technology, the pressure of the laces is borne not just by the hooks and is transferred to the tongue as well.
- Roller Eyelets: Laces need to run flexibly and smoothly through the eyelets. Small balls installed in the metal eyelets keep the friction created by the laces to a minimum.