If you want to take on anything that winter may throw at you, you really need a pair Locarno Ice GTX Mid on your feet. This stylish, function-filled winter boot sets trendy accents – in the city or the great outdoors. The state-of-the-art sole technology Vibram® Arctic Grip helps to make this boot something really special.
- GORE-TEX Partelana Lining: When the temperature falls below freezing, the GORE-TEX membrane equipped with additional warm lining (80% polyester/20% wool) provides optimal comfort.
- Vibram® Arctic-Grip: Vibram® Arctic Grip represents state-of-the-art sole technology. The cold-weather grip system is the most-advanced technology for winter footwear that Vibram® has ever invented. The technology combines a Vibram® mixture that has been optimised for durability and all-round performance with an advanced rubber-mixture filling that delivers incomparable grip on wet ice.
- Moderately Stiff: Footwear labelled “moderately stiff” provides a good combination of optimal support for the foot’s musculature and pleasant rolling properties.
- Support Frame: In the form of the Lowa MONOWRAP® frame, the midsole supports the foot in those places that are subject to great stress. The sole design is only slightly raised.
- DynaPU®: The midsole is the heart of rolling properties and shoe cushioning. It is usually made from a foamed plastic. Lowa has exclusively developed a special polyurethane (PU) foam material that meets all cushioning, comfort and durability criteria: Lowa DynaPU®. The special feature: The material is extremely stable. It retains its stability and substance even when it is pressed together 1,000 times. As a result, the finished shoes will maintain their optimal cushioning ability even after you have walked many kilometres in them.
- Double Injection: To provide optimal cushioning and improve comfort, the sole of the shoe is attached to the upper in a complex injection-moulding process meaning the upper shoe is placed in a specially-designed mould. The form is filled with several layers of a PU foamed material. This creates the sole and directly joins it to the upper.
- Medium Stabilizer: To stabilise the soles of directly sprayed Lowa footwear, a medium-hard nylon joint-stabilising element has been integrated into the sole. As a result, the boots are perfect for use on outdoor paths.