Lifestyle meets outdoor"" is the best way to describe the versatile Locarno GTX Mid. With its functional hybrid solution and casual look, this model manages to strike the balance between a hiking boot and an urban lifestyle shoe. Embossed leather, Gore-Tex lining, a newly designed, reduced Lowa-Monowrap® construction and the cushioning midsole made of Lowa DynaPU® ensure a casual look, but also allow spontaneous outdoor use.
- Gore-Tex Lining: Guaranteed weather protection, even in pouring rain and heavy snow: The innovative Gore-Tex technology delivers optimal waterproof protection and breathability.
- Lowa Rubber Outsole: The Lowa Rubber Outsole is a Lowa-conceived component whose tread design is made from an optimised rubber mixture and was created with the challenges of real-world use in mind. The strengths of a rubber outsole are reflected in the excellent traction that it provides on all sorts of different terrains.
- Flexible: Footwear labelled “flexible” has little rigidity. This quality supports the foot’s natural rolling properties.
- Support Frame: In the form of the Lowa Monowrap® frame, the midsole supports the foot in those places that are subject to great stress. The sole design is only slightly raised.
- DynaPU®: The midsole is the heart of rolling properties and shoe cushioning. It is usually made from a foamed plastic. Lowa has exclusively developed a special polyurethane (PU) foam material that meets all cushioning, comfort and durability criteria: Lowa DynaPU®. The special feature: The material is extremely stable. It retains its stability and substance even when it is pressed together 1,000 times. As a result, the finished shoes will maintain their optimal cushioning ability even after you have walked many kilometres in them.
- Double Injection: To provide optimal cushioning and improve comfort, the sole of the shoe is attached to the upper in a complex injection-moulding process meaning the upper shoe is placed in a specially-designed mould. The form is filled with several layers of a PU foamed material. This creates the sole and directly joins it to the upper.
- Medium Stabilizer: To stabilise the soles of directly sprayed Lowa footwear, a medium-hard nylon joint-stabilising element has been integrated into the sole. As a result, the boots are perfect for use on outdoor paths.