The Lightning 45 is a refined lightweight backpack for any multi-day trekking adventure where minimal weight and functionality are essential. The functional roll-top closure allows not only quick access, but also expansion of the main compartment. Side pockets made of elastic fabric can be used to store items such as water bottles as well as trekking poles or tent poles. Zippered pockets on the hip belt on top of the pack provide even more quick-access storage space.
Side zig-zag compression straps and a webbing strap that runs across the backpack with quick-release buckles keep gear like mats or an flysheet securely in place. Those who use the Lightning for mountaineering attach ice tools to the designated loops and central daisy chain. The fully adjustable suspension system with minimal contact points and aluminum stay is length-adjustable and can be easily configured to fit the length of your back. Further carrying comfort is provided by a padded hip belt. The extremely lightweight material is water-repellent and PFC-free.
- Sophisticated suspension system with easy length adjustment and minimal back contact points for good venting
- 4 base loops can be used to attach sleeping mats, tent, etc.
- 2 ice tool and trekking pole loops
- Full pack body compression system. Straps can hold large items like mats or tent rainflys.
- Spandex stretch fabric pockets on sides and the hipbelt for quick acces to small personal items.
- Reliable roll-top closure adjusts pack volume. Can be closed both drybag style or as vertical compression.
- Removable top compression strap with aluminum Rapide Hook can be used to compress the pack or to secure gear like rope or raingear when not in use.
- Backlength: 41 - 58 cm
- Hipbelt size: 87 - 145 cm
- Load limit: 24 kg