The Ultra XP is the warmest sleeping bag in the entire Ultra series. It was developed specifically for expedition use and is reliably warm even in extremely cold temperatures. Countless down chambers ensure even heat distribution and excellent thermal performance. To meet the demands in such extreme temperatures, the Ultra XP is cut extra wide. The 3D foot box with 11 individually filled down chambers ensures toasty feet. A thick, adjustable draft collar retains warmth within the sleeping bag. Additionally, a double zipper flap keeps the cold out. The expedition hood provides efficient insulation around the head and the large interior pocket keeps you organized.
The shell fabric is recycled, PFC-free and protects against moisture. Only RDS certified down is used as filling. Despite all these clever features, the Ultra XP is lightweight considering its thermal performance, making it the perfect companion for expedition mountaineers, extreme winter bivouacers or a journey to polar regions. It's an open secret that the EN thermal test only works reliably down to about -15°C - -20°C. That is why we only state a temperature recommendation for our beefy expedition sleeping bag that has been tested in real world conditions. Factors such as your physical constitution, the sleeping mat and tent used as well as the prevailing weather conditions play a major role in the bags performance, and these cannot be reflected in test results. -40° C can be regarded as the extreme temperature rating for the bag.
- The thick draft tube backing the zipper provides excellent heat retention. The anti-snag stiffener ensures smooth operation of the zipper.
- The expedition side baffels offer extra warmth and warmth distribution through the sleeping bag.
- The double ended zipper has reinforced sewing to increase strength in sensitive areas.
- The puffy draft collar prevents heat loss for cozy next to body warmth.
- Designed to cradle the feet in uncompressed insulation, this unique footbox eliminates cold spots. Internal baffles form a multi-faceted array of down chambers for extremely efficient heat conservation in this critical area.
- The Expedition hood is designed to preserve every joule of warmth.
- The different shaped cord ends on the hood closure cord allow the user to easily feel and adjust the hood closure.
- The Ultra XP is only certified to Limit -28°C due to a limitation in the certification, however the sleeping bag is designed and tested to be used in -40°C.
- The expedition inner pocket has extra space to keep electronics warm overnight.
- The sewn in loops allows the sleeping bag to be attached to the mattress, or hung up to air out.
- The large zipper garage keeps the zipper head away from the face.
- Shell Fabric: 10 D recycled ripstop nylon; bluesign® certified: PFC free
- Liner: 15 D ripstop nylon: Oeko-Tex® 100 certified
- Fill: 850+ cuin/oz premium european 90/10 (EN-Standard) goose down; RDS certified: Oeko-Tex® 100 certified